Monday, September 24, 2007

Finally after '83

So finally after very long I shud say the big wait was over and something for us Indians to be gleefull about. We won the 20-20 World Cup. I wasnt keeping much track of the any of the matches to be honest and didnt even see a single match in this tournament. ( ya, I no its surprising ). But the sound of Ind vs Pak just made me pick up my car keys and drive st. to bua's house to watch the final. This was the second cricket match I saw to be precise after that mammoth match between Aus and Saf. No wonder I got a call from my friend Devgan today and the first thing he said was ," Kitne Goal hue " . ! haha.. I really appreciate that guys sense of humor.. !!

Cricket just rules the Indian society really. A place like south EX in Delhi was all lifeless during the match n u wont believe (neither did i ) my class was also called off due to match. When I reached bua's house, I found everybody just hooked on to the tv sets. Specially my dadi was so into the game that she cudnt stop looking onto the screen while doin her routine puja and my Phupha ji just ready to kick our indian bowlers ass and and ready to bowl himself for every sixes and fours they gave. I bet my dadi was praying for our cricket team n nothing else :-). Then finally we won the tournament which was a big thing and a good passifier for the wounds of the World cup which was earlier this year.

And another finally to this post after the a really really long wait for my phone. The word is simply awesome if u ask me. You wont find a better phone in this price range despite of the fact that it is samsung :). The phone is just 10.9 mm thick. I havnt measured it but well thats what it says on the box, Its slick phone with 4 touch buttons on the front panel and key pad slides out downwards. The slid mechanism is a bit rusty I shud say bcuz being dimensionally so small, there's no space for you to slide the front panel up which leaves you giving your finger prints on the screen while you slide the phone. The touch buttons really gave me a hard time first few hours. Everybody being a phone junky who really maneuver the keys sharpish and things really come to the matrix mode when handling the phone. You wont even realise and it'll call and and unbelivable things can happen with these cool touch sesitive buttons and when I say touch sensitive I mean real sensitive.

Another flaw which is THE most irritating thing and which is the ONLY flaw in the functionality of U600 is that it offers no profiles management, just ringing and silent. It didnt bother me much though but the thing which really pissed me off was that for incoming msg, you can only hav a tone or a vibration intimation thing no matter your incoming calls are on ringing state or silent.

Rest the phone is a worth buy and am sure everbody will fall in love with the stunning looks and menus and displays and features lives up to everybody's expectation. Well another down side of the phone which I wont put in my -ve box are the themes. You cant change themes in U600 ! No hardware smashing and no third party softwares, nothin. But the amazing thing is it changes by countries. Though I wont be goin newhere in near future so it wont be much of a use for me but still like here it shows Taj mahal and changes with the places of most importance. The best thing is when you dial no.s from your phone which come animated with a pen or a leaf whichever you want. Another plus to the phone is that here is a setting for sunlight that alters the colour scheme and does indeed make the display a bit clearer in bright sunlight. Not to forget its brilliant camera of 3.2 MP which comes with LED flash.

And well the Battery part I shudnt touch :). The fully charged batt lasted 1 and half days but obv the first 2 days were all messing arnd in the menus and songs and videos and camera testing and going to every single menu trying to search something out of curiosity. Seems to be ok..

There's a pic which I got in my mail, some forward. Usually I dont care to open any forwards in my mail box and just effortlessly press the delete button but I accidently stumbled onto this one which had a very cute pic. I really looked closely if its a work of some hi fi photoshop ka kamaal but cudnt make out. What it looks like to you ?

0 comments: