Wednesday, December 26, 2007

Merry Christmas ‡ Happy Boxing day..

Merry christmas to all.. !! 

It actually takes me back to the time when I started this post last year, on christmas. Well things have changed really from that time. My sis got married, passed out of college, from Patiala to Delhi and then back to Parwanoo and ehh, new premiership season and TORRES ( who made a remarkable change in Liverpool ).. :-)

Not to forget the new Dell Inspiron which just arrived yesterday and boy I tell you, it was worth waiting for. Simply stunning looks and well ehh, I really am disappointed with the likes of vista's pathetic showy pop ups and screen shaders lurking everywhere whenever you want to change any system settings. Damn..!! It asks you before going into the Device Manager also.. Vista has been a big downfall if you ask me. It's hardly stable and you'll find yourself still stuck with those age old mythological chants of ( NOT RESPONDING ) on top of the bar after you have pressed the End Task button for like 10 times in 2 seconds. To be honest really, I havn't found any appreciable step up in speed coming from a Intel P4 HT with 256 Ram to Intel Core 2 Duo with 1 GB Ram. I was reading on Zdnet Tech mails ( which I sometime find time to read in my inbox. ) that vista is facing a strong competition not from  Mac's , not Linux but XP really. I no ! Its hard to digest.. But am sure you'll agree with those stats when you actually bang your head on vista.

For my vista, am planning to install XP on different partition, hell with vista really. And about Vista's competition to Tiger, ya I no Tiger.( It doesnt stand a chance in front of Leopard so no point beating the bush really.) It doesnt even stand close to it despite of the some innovative smooth designs and totally new interface.

But am still happy with the new desktop and the new 3D card I'm buying. ATI Radeon HD 3850 which is supposedly the best bang-for-buck in the market. Its for 14 k's here but am obv not mad to spend that much for a 3D card, but I'm getting it from NY. I really have no idea when I'll get my hands on it and resuscitate my FPS talent on Crysis and Call of Duty. Dying to play these games really. Its really been long since I played some good kick ass game after Halo. That was like 6 years back.

I've been downloading Heroes lately from the past week and spent all weekend watching it. It was just amazing I tell you. The imagination, the characters, their powers and well scripted story line makes it worth watching. It had the same catchy plot which keeps you hooked onto the screen and makes you play episodes back to back ( Just like Prison Break season 1 ).  Ohh and did I mention ?  Prison Break season 3 has gone 360 degrees really( In the negative sense ). The third season is as vague and as pathetic as ever. First they killed off Sarah which was the biggest sting in the tale. Secondly things just keep popping up frankly. For gods sake people.. Its just a Prison.. !! You even get microwaves and binoculars in Sona. And weird doors keep popping up in every episode which makes you wonder , why the hell we are wasting time. 
Okays, coming back to Heroes. Well again the first season is very promising and characters should keep you begging for more. Specially Ali Larter. Man.. Where was she all this time.. ? Havnt seen newhere before.. 

Coming to football, being a 2 gamer this week with teams playing tomm on Boxing day might bring some shine on my raiders. My team hanging on 2nd and still the fight is getting tougher. Its now a 5 horse race  which is most likely going to give the result right on the last day. !! Boy, never had so much fun in Fantasy football before.

0 comments: