Sunday, December 9, 2007

Going Down.. !!

For quite some time really, I've been telling myself to use the extra time I get after classes more efficiently.. But the whole day driving to chandigarh and 4 hrs class which are coming quite nicely, have been grueling somewhat. Not to forget my 4kms jog, Yes 4 ;-) with help from some really nice adidas joggers helped my flat foot to ease out a bit, adds to the bone tiredness I carry with myself coming back.

Well, the bad news of the week is that my home desktop is going to dad's factory but the good one which actually out-casts the bad is pretty blatant :-) . Yes .. There's a new kid coming in the house which will most likely be Dell. I've gone through HP and lenovo's desktops but I think I'll stick with the Dell Inspiron 530s series. Dell offering pretty good deals to really snatch onto as compared to others. Specially with the dedicated 3D card which in HP is shared which is the last thing I'll want in the new PC of this generation. Well the price am looking for is not much, so will stick to pretty decent config with 2.2 Ghz Core 2 Duo, 1 Gb ram n 160 Gb HDD with slick 19" Lcd monitor n the best part of it, the new slim tower ! Definitely an eye catching thing.


Sexy.. isnt it ??


The pt. of qualms is the graphic card really. The ones Dell offering arnt particularly worth buying if I free some money for it. But but.. There's a BIG BIG mistake in Dell's shopping cart. There are 2 type of desktops they offer, for home and Office. The Inspirons ( for home ) are silver and Vostrons ( Business ) are slick Black. The whole customization process is cool but there's a I guess a flaw bcuz the ATI radion HD 2400 XT they are offering in Inspirons are for 5769/- and the exact same card from Vostron with same config is for 3605/-.
Down below is the one with Inspirons .:


and down here is the cheaper one with Vostrons.





Astonishing really. But the pt. of debate is really not this bcuz am planning to buy the ATI radeon HD 2600 XT which costs 1500 more I guess and way better according to reviews.

Am going to place the order tomm, lets c what pans out. I've given a thought for the assembled ones as well but this time I really want a PC with some stunning looks at home along with MacBook. My last one ended being with white cabinet, black dvd drive, a white monitor and black keyboard. It was actually like living in a 1930's movies where everything seemed to be in 2 shades of color really with monochrome forms of visual arts. ( ehhh.. Did I mention my Silver mouse ;-) )

This week will definately be a hustling one with a Champions league MUST WIN match for Liverpool on tues late night and then the BIG one fellows.. I mean really BIG.. Next sunday Liverpool host the Red devils ( Manchester United ) which is a must watch for everybody. It is going to be a cracker jack with flurry of tackles flowing around and excitement all round. I really want liverpool to fuck Manu badly for the absolutely bull shit goal last time from OShea right at the end and am sure its not going to be goal feast so it'll really require someone to pull an absolute rabbit from the hat that day to come out smiling..

Ohh and ya.. The title is for the temp here in parwanoo, it is tormenting really now. Going down everyday. Very chilly ..!!

PS:
Apple releasing a 10.5.2 update for Leopard which is rumoured to be the biggest update from Apple ever for anything in their armory . Will be offering much more speed from the OS and a lot more. Stev Jobs really knows how to live upto the expectations triggered by the rumours that flow in before anything big..

0 comments: