Sunday, August 5, 2007

My Hero !!

Before I could actually get past The Deathly Hallows where every body were actually starting to die and the war of the Dumbledore's army against the Death Eaters is just picking up pace , I got a book in my room which I really cant resist to pick up and read. But with all my might, am quite tenaciously commited to complete HP first.

Its been undoubtably the best book out of all but (Spoiler, though most of you must hav gone atleast 2 times from page to page) death of Dobby, which was one of the most touching moments in the book, Fred and I can sense, many more to die. The best thing about the listening to the book was the narration by Jim Dale. Its actually quite amazing to listen to narration with everybody having different voices and which makes fairly easy to make out the ppl saying the lines. Hallows and Hocruxes were with any shadow of doubt was a spine chilling plot. Still things are actaully a bit hazy about the hallows bcuz the snitch hasnt been ne great help till now and cloak was obviously the best utility thing Harry had in these years.I'll actually be in a better postion to write about Deathly Hallows when i'm done with it.



Steven Gerrard !! Liverpool captain, possibly should be England's team captain not John Terry in my opinion and plays BETTER in mid field. I had to press caps lock for those words ( hoping Rafa benitez reads this ;) ) [Joke] he's been made to play on the right flank sometimes which is actually very irritating to watch. I sound like a football freak as if football's in my blood but actually i started gaining intrest from the past 2 years. I actually remember quite cleary when I got FIFA 2005 for my Ps2 and me n my friend maninder had an awesome time playing multiplayer. And blatantly, growing up in India, one generally tends to support Manshester United by default which is THE famous club in the world. Its like an IF statement in java,
If (xyz=football)
System.out.println("I'm Manchester United Fan");

I truly got into this default loop myself but gradually when started playing with other teams and eventually watching English Primier League(EPL), managed to get a else statement in my program ;) and i came to know about lot of other clubs and players. That time one player which really struck a great impact which made me choose liverpool most of the times in FIFA or Pro Evolution Soccer was Gerrard who wears No. 8 . Ever since then i've been adherent with him and liverpool. Spcially the victory over AC Milan in 2005 in Istanbul was the moment when i actually became a Red completely from Red Devil(manu). Football took over in which completely side kicked cricket in my life( I actually feel bad that i cant name the starting 11 of our Indian cricket team to be honest)
To this day, I've been a die hard supporter of Liverpool and ofcourse Gerrard ( will specially be a nightmare if he leaves Mersyside). My cousin Kshitij, actually sent me a book which I was looking here in Delhi since long which was one of the nicest things neone has done for me. The euphoria was actually many times higher than for my MacBook.

I'm actually resisting myself to start reading it, have to cope up with Java as well, which has raced to Exceptions and assertions so soon where am still stuck with classes. I managed to peep into few pages and read its and bits and it was really very touchy to read his part of the story. Its all about his childhood dreams, extraordinary camaraderie, determination , his cousin's death at 9 in a football match in Hillsborough, high octane thrills when they were loosing 0-3 in half time and the jubilation when they won after that and when he scored a 90th minute equalizer in FA cup final and many more incidences which were a milestones of his life. Specially he has written about Gattuso which I accidentally bumped into when i was flipping pages ;) Anti Gattuso fans who love to read things he wrote about him and about other Milan team.

Overall the book is too tempting to get your hands to and I can assure you, If Steven Gerrard isn't your hero yet, by the time you've read this he will be...


"Angel Holding an angel"


I cudnt resist putting up this pic as well bcuz it was too cute !!

0 comments: