Monday, February 18, 2008

Varanasi

How many of you have actually gone for 'an' aimless trip for some days without a shadow of a clue in your top shelf , how will you spend your time.


Well my misfortune threw a bucket of cold water to make this nightmare a reality. Conjuring the fact that you traveling to a place like Varanasi and that too with your Sis, its the second worst thing that could happen to you after no ESPN in hotel on a football packed weekend. Damn.. How in the world people watch EPL in varanasi ??
Anyways, thanks to my swift thinking of my bum brains to somehow arrange seasons of Lost (2 & 3). And i tell you what, it was perfect to get my engines pumping to rise above my doldrums.
Varanasi, the first thing which rings a 'ghanti' in your brains is "Banaras ka Paan". Oh ya, the famous Big B's song. Bollocks. I just can't seem to wipe off the scene in our Patiaale da seeneyma ( Tagore ) where people started to actually dance infront of the screen when this song came in the film ( SRK one ). Ok, coming back to vanarasi topic, besides Paan, usual splashes of "red" glory you get to see everywhere.





































And its also famous for banarsi saarees in which God went easy on me that my mum wasn't on the reservations charts.
And ya, again another temple city it is. Where ever i go in India, i get to read the same old line on a rusty board. " City of temples". Well this one was different, was with the red gloss on it.
I just went to Vishwanath and the Sarnath temple. Vishwanath temple is all enchanted with its antiqueness and purity. What you can't miss are the monkeys who are striding like stray dogs on the path and stealing prasad of the temple. Me and my sis attended the very beautiful Ganga Puja. Seeing the ardent foreigners listening to the puja carefully made me sneer abt the fact that , what the hell even they can understand in the puja. But actually the sneer fired back at me bcuz even I cudn't get what they were saying. hehe :-). I even had this famous tea of Banaras which was worth every praise i heard about it.




















Second day I just relaxed in the hotel which greatly involved dragging Lost episodes on the VLC one by one. Lost is the first series i've seen which actually held onto the ropes leaving a surge inside you for more. Very much unlike Heroes (S02) in which it seemed like people having no powers in the series should be the ones called Heroes bcuz every damn person you see have some or the other power. And same is the case with Prison Break (S03). (Though finally Mr. Scoffield managed to escape after whole cauldrons of twists ). After downloading and watching episodes week in week out, I've honestly feel the director and the script writer of the show should be sent to an actual prison. Its just a prison for god sake ! If they want to show microwaves and binoculars in a prison, they'll definitely loose my tiny share in the % of the total TRP.
Not to deny the fact that even Lost has fair share of bed breaking anomalies but they cover them off well. The biggest of all is the Desmond's time travel and his flashes of future. But at the same time, to have a dramatic stakes of the ultimate endgame rooted in relationships and redemptions gives Lost a better shot at an emotionally satisfying conclusion. There is still a BIG mystery connecting all the survivors of Flight 8-1-5.

 I still have 7 episodes to go from the season 3 which I won't be able to watch now in the train. Damn compartment doesn't have a power plug here. And people really staring out of their sockets to know what i'm typing here. I actually should sleep bcuz its 10:30 ( Damn) and Mac's batt meter aint looking pretty in red. [ Mind you, not the Banaras one :-) ].

And finally what i cud gather and deduce from my trip was, that Scottish and Banarasi Language has so much similarity. In both languages, people tend to speak in an singing flowy manner and to prove my pt. , there's another very comical similarity. In banaras, people add 'bhaiya' most of the time and scottish people add Brother in the end.

UPDATED : Obv i didn't publish the blog in train, and now am through with the season 3. The ending was somewhat dodgy, but perfect !

0 comments: