Friday, February 8, 2008

Nil-Nil

Liverpool finally rediscovered their form ( thankfully ) on Road at Chelsea. Liv che was obviosuly the most awaited match this week for all the Liv supporters. Reds didn't actually manage to get 3 pt.s from the game but ruled the roost really on the pitch the full 90 min. Am pretty much happy with yesterday's performance without our golden boy ( Torres ). The ultimate showdown is next week in the champions league.  And did I miss the BIG Manchester Derby at Old trafford ? You can easily guess the whole flooding rapture from the above line. Yes Manu again lost to their local rivals who played not exactly fly but I tell you what, they defended in an extremely well fashioned manner which ripped manu out of their pants.


Ok, besides football which left me engaged this week was ABAP. I finally got the whopping 60 GB software on my stingy Dell who's left with only 80 GB now. And I was wrong about the quality of the mini-dvi cable to RCA converter. I was about to get it replaced but decided to atleast give some kudos and watch a movie on tv. The quality was really very watchable, ( all those dvd rips ) , and about the movie I saw, which actually made it a delicious plus. Atonement.

Its the ( one of the ) most talked about movies at present along with Juno, which i'll be coming to later. Atonement has been nominated for 8 oscars I guess. I don't usually download such serious dramas, but the growing banter about the movie and CD's recommendation made me leech another movie from torrents. And I wasn't disappointed frankly.

The movie has an engaging but intricate plot which has been directed to the perfection really. A 13 yr old girl's overactive imagination lead her to make an accusation which results in a genuine tragedy for everyone. Cinematography of the movie is exquisite depicting the World War 2 and ramping thru the lives of 2 lovers and gamut of emotions. Its a must watch movie and by no means its a popcorn-affair, a remarkable Drama with a tragic ending which makes it a master piece. Not to forget, the subtle music in the movie simply adds to gloriously depressing movie. I loved the music at the beginning with the percussive clacking of an old typewriter mixed with some smooth piano score which made the movie even more beautiful. 

After watching Atonement, I was very satisfied with the quality of that cable which motivated me to download another Oscar flick, Juno. Juno brings back the time which was left behind in Atonement ( WW II) to the modern world. Its about teenage pregnancy which couldn't have been portrayed in a more sweeter way without leaving behind any decency. And for all those just ready to rip apart the screens and want to comment that its Kya Kehna, hold your horses guys. Its 180° turn from what Kya Kehna was.  Juno is again an excellent movie which leaves a feel good factor lingering inside you. Surprisingly, the music in this film as well goes on top in my unranked list. Its a well chosen score weaving in-out of the folk-indie pop etc. 

And to a funny part really. I went to chandigarh few days back, and while zooming in the car, a board caught my eye. It was a garment shop but its name really made me squint twice to check what I saw was right. It was Langoors. Now how on earth one can keep a shop's chain name like this and that too for women's clothing. What will aunty's discuss, we bought this saaree from Langoor ?? Like this, people will go on opening shops with names like kutta or billi for that matter.


There's this video I saw showing the dexterity with a lighter. Ya, even I never knew people can actually do tricks with a lighter. Check it out.





0 comments: