Thursday, November 22, 2007

i-NGLAND

Its been months really since I fleshed out my thoughts letting my fingers swing over the Mac to write something whats actually going in my iLife apart from the iPhone banter and Euro Championship. My Java's denouement was not what I imagined. The advanced was way more than my capability really. Servlets and JSP was fine but EJB and Beans was some heavy duty stuff honestly.
Cutting short this, Went to Vaishno Devi last weekend and had a rhapsodizing experience on the Chopper one way. Though it was hardly 10 min ride but still the whole thing was amazing. Specially I can still recall my family's expression when we came to know about the pilot. It was a lady. Imagine, till roads its fine really. In air, Give me a break people. Damn I was so afraid of even having a thought of having a women pilot in a skimpy helicopter. But I'm still breathing and in my senses to write this senseless post. :-)

Some of you will be really amazed that I finally completed my Star Wars series. Saw the part V and part VI. It was worht watching every minute I tell you. Amazing story line BUT only if you watch all the parts carefully and read on wikipedia about some planets names which am pretty hopefull will blow your fuse in the movie, bcuz most of the times they just zoom to their Light speed and off to some diff planets and to meet diff people. Waiting for Beowulf and Hitman. Hitman obv rings a bell to some of the gamers. Am really excited to see, how they hav put the whole essence of the game onto the White Screen. I just played Hitman , the new one this year on Xbox and I tell you. The game needs LOT of time and patience guys but a very well thought story line I must say.



And still riding on iPhone saga, T-Mobile is going to charge the equivalent of $1,478 for an unlocked iPhone in Germany. The carrier will continue to challenge the court's decision, but it seems that locking phones to a specific carrier is against German law. It'll be interesting to see how much value people place for an unlocked iPhone.



Ok, lets just say my prophecy of jinxed England was right. Sad it is for England supporters like me to watch England failing to qualify in the last 16 of Euro 2008 despite of a big big favor from Israel. It was very disheartening to see Gerrard and his team fall to pieces. I really wished I had not spoiled my beloved sleep to wake up at 1:45 to witness the most horrific score line which was way beyond my imagination. On 18 min, Eng were 0-2 down to Croatia but somehow things looked better in the Second half with The Beck Man coming as a sub and did what he does best. Made a sweet cross for Crouchy to chest it and get the ball behind the net for the equaliser. Things looked better, way better from the first half but then, as I have always believed, Gerrard and Lampard should not play together, only if they have a Defensive Midfielder behind, Hargreaves most likely. N thats wat led there heroic comeback to rags bcuz of free midfield and Croatia came up a superb 30 yard banger to get their noses in front. Not to forget, Scot Carson's first cap for England. I bet this was his last ! Pathetic performance from him as well.
In all, I'll go with Spain as the favorites in Euro 08, but you never know. Lords of the Dog town can come from anywhere really. !

And for the news of the week. Stev Mclaren has been SACKED by FA after Englands loss to Croatia and rumours flowing that Jose murinho might be in the contention for the Job .

0 comments: