Sunday, August 24, 2008

'The wait' till eternity !!

The title is somewhat misleading i no, ( or maybe not ? ). The long awaited phone or I shud say, paragon ( not the chappals ) of hi-tech gadgets was out on 22nd aug in India. And i don't know whether its a very " inn "thing to line up outside the stores for something very anticipated or is it  just me who's being humble and hiding my anxiety ?? but i honestly heard people lined up in delhi for the iPhone.




That said, airtel quoted a nearing-catastrophic price really, and even engadget.com people felt the after shocks of the tremors in India. Well, honestly , i don't blame the mobile carriers for such roof shooting prices. In US also, its coming for 599 $ without contract, n if people in india don't sell it for more than 30k's, then i guess, the business-way cud have turned around. People wud start selling iphones from india to US.. ;-) I've read on many sites, people not happy with the price ( neither am  I , to be honest ) and want the iphone to be below 25k's. How is that possible without a contract.. And, for the some ( who just flowing in the iPhone 3G wave, ) really need to wake up n realize the fact that its NOT for 199 $ ONLY !!. So many people have come up n advised me to get it from US n saying " ohh iphone is  cheap there, only for 9000,," n this has happened so many times that i honestly have started thanking them for the advice.

Neways, on the down side, I can't accurately describe how much disappointed i was at first about the price. cuz coughing up 34k's for an iPhone seems more of a luxury than a slick move, but as my reptile friend says (which he claims to have invented ) " Passion commands premium " . 
which, i fully agree.

So i'll wait for the right time and when the gush of emotions really cross the threshold barrier, I'll be holding one that day..  !! 


1 comments:

Sarthak Taneja said...

Hmm..Well I would second your friends theory of "Passion Commands Premium" but I wonder how many apple enthusiasts we have?? I do know of a few apple groups in India! but the pricing has hit them hard as well...I believe its the lust of standing apart which is gonna pull in the sales! Where India has proved to be the horniest of all :)