Friday, April 11, 2008

Packing

Its not easy to get your things packed for a 15 day trip. Never for me honestly, a task which requires lots of planning. Well not exactly "lots" also as most of the times i'll be dragged with the tourist buses everywhere. It'll be tiring as hell without a doubt but i'll jump to that contention after i jump onto the bus's seat. Weather is another let down which is somewhat dodgy in this part of season in Europe.

Out of the 5 places, austria and switzerland are 0 below, so its a no brainer really that everything for winters find there way in. The rest of the places, Rome, France and England are tolerably cold ( but rains are unexpected anytime and everytime ) so something light and flamboyant should do. Apart from the clothes, am taking my Macbook along, to pass time somewhere like in Doha where we have a stop for 6 hrs both ways ( damn ! ) which is very shit i no. Am hoping i'll find net somewhere and could possibly change my fantasy football team in the midweek. I know it sounds a bit crazy but i really don't want to let go of the 2nd position. There is totally no room for any kind of stings in the tail right at the death of the season !! Ok, along with Mac, camera is obvious and specially its charger which happens to be left behind most of the times.

Shopping wasn't that grand for the trip. Just bought a pair of jeans and hand gloves. Trying Jeans is much of a terror i tell you ! One just hopes the jeans you trying should fit in the size you imagine for yourself. Most of times i find myself holding my breath praying to god, that this jeans should fit it nicely. But after loads of jogging and a bit of Yoga, the jeans just slid in nicely ( without tucking my tummy ). I was actually very happy with it :-)

List of things to buy from there is pretty much ends where it starts. UK as always is too expensive to buy anything. But i'll definitely buy a Liverpool jersey ( Black one ) which is no where available in india ( only in palika ). I thought of getting an iPhone but its the same price which am getting here in chandigarh ( without the bargaining shit ) so no point for that. Rest i'll zoom around and pick few things for friends.

I still have a chance of watching a liverpool game in Birmingham but the odds aint pretty. Because mom and dad are completely out of this so, i'll have to manage and travel 170 miles through Tube from Ashford ( thats where i'll be staying in England ) to Birmingham on 26th. I'll go to some pub or something to watch champions league match on 22nd of Liverpool vs Chelsea. I'll be France most probably that time , so odds here also pretty much low to get a place where they showing the match, and specially meeting Liverpool fans somewhere or else i'll have to disguise myself as some French club fan and watch emotionlessly to keep off from the inebriated fans.

Going to birmingham ( the 170 mile trip) alone will be a act of bravery or mindless, am yet to find that out !

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Telefone VoIP, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://telefone-voip.blogspot.com. A hug.

Anonymous said...

Yes exactly, in some moments I can say that I agree with you, but you may be in the light of other options.
to the article there is stationary a question as you did in the decrease delivery of this demand www.google.com/ie?as_q=md5 context menu 0.13 ?
I noticed the utter you procure not used. Or you partake of the pitch-dark methods of helping of the resource. I have a week and do necheg