Friday, January 5, 2007

A night in CCU

Everyone of us is quite aware of a place ICU.. but the word CCU might put you in a quandry that wat exactly is CCU. well here's the ans, Coronary Care Unit n am not showing any kind of insolence here bcuz, only few days back this was brought to my knowledge. N the more intelligent segment of the readers might also hav guessed that its a special care unit for heart patients.
Heart attacks , angioplasty , angiography seems to be really got off from a jargon stigma these days .. Like every second person you see in ur neighborhood is having some or the other heart problems..
A heart attack occurs when the supply of blood and oxygen to an area of heart muscle is blocked, usually by a clot in a coronary artery. A heart attack is a life-threatening event. Everyone should know the warning signs of a heart attack and how to get emergency help. Many people suffer permanent damage to their hearts or die because they do not get help immediately.
So wats causing all this ? Well , there r quite a few. Bad eating habits, obesity, drinking n the most momentous of all i can say is Smoking. Smoking quite a prevalent thing now days. In my hostel only i see so many ppl smoking and drinking but seriously still not in a postition to ans the million dollar ques. WHY ? Why ppl indulge in smoking and drinking knowing what this addiction can lead to n without the shadow of doubt i can say that each one of us knows about them.
Heart attack is a kind of a sign which the god is inkling to you that the way u living your life is not right and you need to mend your ways. I strongly feel that everybody has the right to enjoy their life on their terms and means but certainly appriciate if you give a piece of mind to my contention.
Blantantly not my astonishment, ppl (some) might be retorting inside with a question that why on earth I took this intricate topic to discuss. Well , i witnessed a heart attack 11 days back, My dad had one and believe me, its not a pretty sight to witness. So wud really like to tell that dont smoke your life away .

2 comments:

.... said...

I am a 59-year-old retired US Army master sergeant. I was compelled to start a blog to alert unsuspecting patients that have been told they need a coronary bypass that they probably don't. I was told by an interventionalist cardiologist in April 2004, that my heart was in great shape, but I needed a quintuple bypass. Why, I wondered was my heart doing so good when the vessels that feed it oxygen are all clogged? Despite being told I needed surgery right away and that I was a walking time bomb, I got a second opinion and I am glad I did. Not only did I save myself from getting my chest cracked open in a major surgery, I saved a lot of money. PLEASE, get a second opinion whenever someone wants to give you a bypass. And read my entire blog. http://wordworks2001.blogspot.com

Dhriti Kanwar said...

its really gud n m happy that u made an effort to let a readers know that how it feels to c some1 close to u in CCU....i hope ppl wil undersand that being 4m a non bio background u gave such a transparent pic of the most common coronory disease... i just wish that whoever reads this understand the gravity of the topic n rethink abt his/her lifestyle ....... so 2morrow they n their luved ones can escape a nite in CCU..........tc